ProbablyMonsters Marks 100 Employee Milestone as Top Talent Join New AAA Game Development Model
Innovative Builder of New Game Development Studios Highlights Details on Original, Next-Gen AAA Projects by First Two ProbablyMonsters Studios, Cauldron Studios and Firewalk Studios
Issaquah, WA – April 24, 2020 – ProbablyMonsters™ Inc., a new category of game company that builds AAA development studios to launch world-class games, today is celebrating the diverse talents of its initial 100 employees as it marks the first of several planned growth milestones. Formed in 2016 and announced only six months ago, the company is growing at a planned, sustainable rate. Its inclusive hiring approach and people-first culture is attracting senior-level developers who have worked on blockbuster projects with major games, entertainment, and technology companies.
February team photo, before COVID-19 social distancing guidelines were required
ProbablyMonsters also confirmed early details about the original games under development for next-gen platforms by its first two ProbablyMonsters studios, Cauldron Studios™ and Firewalk Studios™. Led by Dave Matthews, Cauldron Studios is developing a narrative-driven AAA game. Firewalk Studios, led by Tony Hsu, has a multiplayer AAA game in progress. Both studio teams are in milestone development for their first projects, and both games have been separately signed with respective major publishers.
ProbablyMonsters is charting a new course under the leadership of founder and CEO, Harold Ryan, a proven leader with over 20 years of experience who is credited with generating over $5B in revenues from blockbuster franchises. After successfully leading franchises including Halo and Destiny as CEO and President of Bungie and holding key roles at Microsoft, Ensemble Studios, and FASA Studios, Ryan envisioned a better way to build and sustain AAA studios and games—where people, culture, and creativity would come first. From this concept, he created a new studio development model and surrounded himself with top talent to form ProbablyMonsters.
“By offering a new model for game creation, our ProbablyMonsters studios and platform team are attracting industry-leading talent that is highly skilled and creatively diverse,” said Harold Ryan, CEO and founder of ProbablyMonsters. “Our growth testifies to the value of empowering the development teams in our ProbablyMonsters studios to do what they love in an environment that puts people, culture, and creativity first.”
At ProbablyMonsters, developers can flourish, reliably turning creative vision and effort into exceptional game experiences. The company’s structure offers each ProbablyMonsters studio the security and rewards of AAA project scale in a positive environment where teams can develop games free of distraction, supported with strong leadership and resources.
ProbablyMonsters’ inclusive approach has attracted talent with diverse backgrounds and skillsets, united by their proven expertise in culturally and technically significant projects. As it passes 100 employees, ProbablyMonsters collectively reflects experience from over 40 leading companies, 30 blockbuster game franchises, and top film and technology projects. Credits from seasoned talent looking for a new and better way to create include the following:
- Leading Industries: Gaming, Film, TV, Technology, Tabletop Games, Toys
- Top Companies: 2K Games, 343 Industries, Activision, Amazon, ArenaNet, Bioware, Blizzard, Bungie, CCP Games, HBO, Disney Interactive, Dreamworks, Electronic Arts, FASA Interactive, Gearbox Software, Hasbro, Infinity Ward, Irrational Games, LucasArts, McFarlane Toys, Microsoft, Monolith Productions, Neversoft Entertainment, Nintendo of America, Nvidia, Oddworld Inhabitants, Paizo, Pixar, Raven Software, Red Storm Entertainment, Riot Games, Sierra On-Line, Sony Computer Entertainment of America, Sony Online, Sony Santa Monica, Sucker Punch, Treyarch, Ubisoft, Undead Labs, Universal Studios, WB Games, Wizards of the Coast, ZeniMax Online
- Award-Winning Film and Entertainment Projects: Arrival, Bill and Ted’s Bogus Journey, Brave, Cars 2, Child’s Play, Dragonheart, Dungeons & Dragons, Freebirds, Honey I Blew Up The Kid, How to Train your Dragon, Ice Age franchise, Inside Out, Jupiter Ascending, Jurassic Park, Kung Fu Panda 2, Magic the Gathering, Starship Troopers, Tales from the Crypt, The Good Dinosaur, Toy Story 3, Transformers franchise
- Innovative Technology Projects: Hololens, HTC Vive, Nvidia RTX, Azure Storage, AR and VR, Xbox Fitness
- Major Game Projects: Blacklight Retribution, Borderlands 2, Call of Duty and Call of Duty: Black Ops franchises, Destiny franchise, Diablo 3, Doom, Dota 2, DUST 514, Shadow of War, Eve Online, Fallout 4, Ghost of Tsushima, Gigantic, God of War, Guild Wars franchise, Guitar Hero, Halo franchise, League of Legends, Left for Dead 2, Madden NFL, Mafia 3, Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor, Myst, Overwatch, Portal 2, Project Spark, SOCOM franchise, Spider-Man, Splinter Cell: Blacklist, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Starcraft, State of Decay franchise, The Elder Scrolls Online, Tony Hawk Pro Skater, World of Warcraft
ProbablyMonsters, located in Issaquah, Washington, is committed to building a positive creative culture where game developers can thrive while creating original AAA games for the next generation of gamers. The company will keep adding top talent to support the needs of its growing development studios and business, with more details on ProbablyMonsters and its ProbablyMonsters studios to be shared in coming months.
About ProbablyMonsters Inc.
ProbablyMonsters, a new category of game company, was founded in 2016 by former Bungie President and CEO, Harold Ryan. ProbablyMonsters is building AAA videogame studios where top developers can flourish in a positive environment, and reliably turn their creative vision and effort into world-class games. Located in Issaquah, Washington, the company has a strong cast of experienced, innovative game development leaders with a record of launching blockbuster projects. ProbablyMonsters’ mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented game developers in a stable business environment where people, culture, and creativity come first. Its first two development studios, Firewalk Studios, and Cauldron Studios, are each developing their own inaugural AAA game project via separate, signed deals with major publishers.