Last Updated: October 18, 2021
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of this Policy and, in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice (such as adding a statement to our websites or sending you a notification). We encourage you to review this Policy regularly to stay informed about our information practices and the choices available to you.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, you share information directly with us when you register to play or participate in games through our Platform, contact us for any reason, such as for technical support or customer service, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of personal information we may collect include your name, email address, Discord username, and Steam ID. We may also collect information about your preferences, such as your game genre preferences, your time zone, gaming console, occupation, the country where you reside, how many hours per week you play games, when you are available to playtest, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Interact with Us
We collect some information automatically when you access or use our Platform. We may aggregate this data and use it in statistical form to determine trends among groups of users, rather than using it to identify individuals. If a combination of information that we collect does identify you as an individual, we will treat the combined information as personal information. The type of information we automatically collect may include:
- Activity Information: We collect information about your activity on our Platform, such as how many times you access our Platform, access times, traffic data, pages viewed, links clicked, your rough location when accessing our Platform, and the actions you take when accessing or using our Platform.
- Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access our Platform, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, screen resolution, OS Configured Time Zone, OS Configured Locale, OS Configured Currency, CPU, and
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and our service providers) use tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about you. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Platform and your experience, see which areas and features of our Platform are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that we use on our Platform and in our emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see the Your Choices section below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We obtain information from third-party sources. For example, we may collect information about you from data analytics providers, internet service providers, public relations service providers, social media platforms, gaming platforms, and operating systems and platforms.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address or infer that you are looking to purchase certain products based on your browsing behavior.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and personalize our Platform to you and to improve our Platform. We also use the information we collect to:
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by ProbablyMonsters and others and provide news and information that we think will interest you (see the Your Choices section below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Platform;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and protect the rights and property of ProbablyMonsters and others;
- Debug to identify and repair errors in our Platform;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
We share personal information in the following circumstances or as otherwise described in this Policy:
- We share personal information with vendors, service providers, and consultants that need access to personal information in order to perform services for us, such as companies that assist us with web analytics, obtaining e-signatures, marketing, advertising, customer service, and detection of violations of our terms of service.
- We may disclose personal information if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We may share personal information if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of ProbablyMonsters, our users, the public, or others.
- We share personal information with our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
- We may share personal information in connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
- Personal information is shared between and among ProbablyMonsters and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, and other companies under common control and ownership.
- We share personal information with your consent or at your direction.
We also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS
Some aspects of the Platform may use Google Analytics to analyze traffic. You can find out more information about Google Analytics cookies by visiting https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage. To opt out of Google Analytics relating to your use of the Platform, you can download and install the Browser Plugin available by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE UNITED STATES AND OTHER COUNTRIES
ProbablyMonsters is headquartered in the United States, and we may have operations and service providers in the United States and other countries. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your personal information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide levels of data protection that are equivalent to those of your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
You may have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data. If you wish to exercise these rights or delete your account, please email [email protected] with the subject line “Rights Request” and a description of your request with your Steam ID, Discord username, or other identifier in the body of the email. Note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for our legitimate business purposes.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually adjust your browser settings to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of our Platform.
You may opt out of receiving communications from ProbablyMonsters by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your use of our Platform.
Our Platform is intended to be appropriate for general audiences and are not directed to children (usually considered to be under 13, depending on where you reside). ProbablyMonsters does not intentionally collect personal information from children under 13. If you are the parent of a child who has submitted information to us, please contact us using the contact information below to request deletion.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at [email protected]robablymonsters.com.