UI Technical Artist
ProbablyMonsters develops AAA studios that unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create original content and exceptional interactive experiences.
Firewalk Studios is looking for a UI Technical Artist who is passionate about video games, user interface, and bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. You will be responsible for building world-class interactive systems and creating and implementing high quality UI content alongside partner teams to deliver exceptional interactive experiences.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are personally driven to achieve excellence in both UI art and UX design. You find it intrinsically satisfying to exceed expectations of how a great game interface affects the player’s experience.
- You are an experienced UI artist with a portfolio of content that speaks to structure, polish, and sustainability.
- You are excited to learn new tools, have worked comfortably with engineers, and can creatively collaborate with game designers and artists.
- You have shipped at least one successful AAA title from start to finish or equivalent game development experience.
- You have a passion for games, find time to play, and empathize deeply with our players.
- Ideal skills include: Knowledge of shader language, basic scripting, and UE4 or similar game editor/middleware.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Meeting with our UI art lead and Art Director to review your most recent work.
- Participating in playtests to see how the UI is working in context and giving notes on the game as a whole.
- Working with Gameplay Designers to make sure your UI artwork is integrating and playing well to communicate mechanics and/or features successfully.
- Iterating on the minutiae of the UI elements because individual pixels can be the difference between greatness and mediocrity.
- Meeting with your team manager to plan your career goals for the next year.
- At least 3 years of experience in game development or similar industries
- Unreal Engine 4 experience heavily preferred
- Production level graphic design and industry accepted application knowledge base
PROBABLYMONSTERS was founded with the belief that small teams can build genre-defining games without sacrificing their well-being. We believe that a studio who prioritizes culture in team, quality in products, candor in communication, predictability in projects, and honest alignment in leadership is the best way to meet this goal.