Test Specialist - Network
About ProbablyMonsters Inc.
Established in 2016 and announced in October 2019, ProbablyMonsters™ is a new breed of game company that builds sustainable AAA studios to launch original AAA games. The company was founded by Harold Ryan to not only create great games, but also to make a great working experience for developers, one where people, culture, and creativity come first. ProbablyMonsters mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. The company has built a central team that provides early stage infrastructure and long-term support to its studios on Operations, HR, Finance, BizDev, Tech, and QA, among other services. This unique model provides ProbablyMonsters studios the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Learn more about us at probablymonsters.com.
We are looking for a Senior Tester responsible for owning Network quality in our games to help ensure we ship world-class multiplayer gaming experiences. Help define and foster a culture where QA practices an engineered approach, injecting Test Best Practices early in the development cycle. Work directly with development teams to identify risk, determine the highest value targets, and faithfully represent the player’s voice. Provide actionable feedback to the teams that are grounded in truth, backed up with data, and ensure critical issues do not get ignored.
Who You Are:
- You understand network layers and models utilized in multiplayer gaming
- You have experience manipulating and analyzing network traffic with network tools (Unreal Network Profiler)
- You are passionate about Test as a discipline and career path
- You are an experienced tester who can mentor others
- You have fine attention to detail
- You are relentless about tracking down and documenting defects
- You are a fierce customer advocate
What You Will Do:
- Work directly with development teams to measure and define acceptable network latency thresholds to ship world-class online multiplayer gaming experiences
- Craft and employ strategies to identify and prevent external network manipulation to ensure fair multiplayer gaming matches
- Write and execute test specs and test cases
- Document defects and champion their resolution
- Provide constant feedback to the team about project quality as the voice of truth
- Maintain professionalism and confidentiality with proprietary information
- Take ownership of the quality of other broad areas of a game project
- 3 years minimum experience testing software or games
- Experience owning or leading network testing for games
- Experience working directly with game development teams
- Experience authoring test specs and cases