About ProbablyMonsters Inc.
Established in 2016 and announced in October 2019, ProbablyMonsters™ is a new breed of game company that builds sustainable AAA studios to launch original AAA games. The company was founded by Harold Ryan to not only create great games, but also to make a great working experience for developers, one where people, culture, and creativity come first. ProbablyMonsters mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. The company has built a central team that provides early stage infrastructure and long-term support to its studios on Operations, HR, Finance, BizDev, Tech, and QA, among other services. This unique model provides ProbablyMonsters studios the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Learn more about us at probablymonsters.com.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Specialist responsible for testing our games to help ensure we stay on schedule at the utmost quality. Help define and foster a culture where QA practices an engineered approach, injecting Test Best Practices early in the development cycle. Work directly with development teams to identify risk, determine the highest value targets, and faithfully represent the player’s voice. Provide actionable feedback to the teams that are grounded in truth, backed up with data, and ensure critical issues do not get ignored.
Who You Are:
- You are passionate about Test as a discipline and career path
- You have fine attention to detail
- You are relentless about tracking down and documenting defects
- You are a fierce customer advocate
What You Will Do:
- Take ownership of the quality of broad areas of a game project
- Work with developers to determine what the highest value targets are during each stage of development
- Write and execute test specs and test cases
- Utilize test tools such as bug databases and test management software
- Document defects and champion their resolution
- Maintain professionalism and confidentiality with proprietary information
- 2 years’ experience testing games
- Experience working directly with game development teams
- Experience authoring test specs and cases
- Experience testing multiplayer games