Senior Incubation Engineer
About ProbablyMonsters Inc.
Established in 2016 and announced in October 2019, ProbablyMonsters™ is a new breed of game company that builds sustainable AAA studios to launch original AAA games. The company was founded by Harold Ryan to not only create great games, but also to make a great working experience for developers, one where people, culture, and creativity come first. ProbablyMonsters mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. The company has built a central team that provides early stage infrastructure and long-term support to its studios on Operations, HR, Finance, BizDev, Tech, and QA, among other services. This unique model provides ProbablyMonsters studios the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Learn more about us at probablymonsters.com
We are looking for a team focused Senior Incubation Engineer to join a new studio at its inception. As a Senior Incubation Engineer, you will work closely with artists and designers to create systems and technology to form the foundation of amazing player experiences for a new franchise. You will join a team at its inception to help create a new game and franchise from the ground up.
Who You Are:
- You have extensive experience in C++ and game development, including the Unreal Engine and related toolsets
- Have shipped multiple titles, with at least one AAA game
- Are a ‘T’ shaped engineer with deep subject matter expertise in a particular gameplay domain, as well as generalist knowledge outside of that domain
- Develops core player-facing gameplay systems such as combat, camera, and player feedback from the ground up
- Enthusiastic about building and maintaining the technology to help the team be more effective
- You are comfortable working in the highly iterative and ambiguous realities of the incubation environment
- Can break down complex ideas and communicate them effectively across disciplines
- Are self-sufficient and self-motivating, unafraid to ask for help
- Are skilled at giving quality feedback, and equally skilled at receiving and incorporating other's feedback
- Have an unwavering desire to create a positive and inclusive work culture