Senior Incubation Designer
About ProbablyMonsters Inc.
Established in 2016 and announced in October 2019, ProbablyMonsters™ is a new breed of game company that builds sustainable AAA studios to launch original AAA games. The company was founded by Harold Ryan to not only create great games, but also to make a great working experience for developers, one where people, culture, and creativity come first. ProbablyMonsters mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. The company has built a central team that provides early stage infrastructure and long-term support to its studios on Operations, HR, Finance, BizDev, Tech, and QA, among other services. This unique model provides ProbablyMonsters studios the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Learn more about us at probablymonsters.com
We are looking for creative, technical, and team-focused Senior Incubation Designers to join a new studio at its inception. As a Senior Incubation Designer, you will be responsible for assisting in the conception and implementation of the core systems and game mechanics that will define the foundation of a new franchise. Gameplay, world building, level design, and character creation will all be core to the work involved. You will join a team at its inception to help create a new game and franchise from the ground up.
Who You Are:
- Enthusiastic about core game loops and design fundamentals
- An expert in a sub-discipline of design while also being highly capable in most other areas of design
- Exceptionally technical, creative, and collaborative
- Have shipped multiple titles, with at least one AAA game
- Comfortable working in the highly iterative and ambiguous realities of the incubation environment
- Unwavering in your desire to create a positive and inclusive work culture
- Can break down complex ideas and communicate them effectively across disciplines
- Self-sufficient and motivated whenever possible, while also unafraid to ask for help when needed, and always willing to offer help
- Skilled at giving quality feedback on game design and interpersonal interactions, and equally skilled at receiving and incorporating other's feedback