Senior FX Artist
ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
Our mission is to create industry-leading multiplayer games for players around the world. We are working on an unannounced and original next-generation AAA title.
Our dynamic team of game makers is looking for a Senior FX Artist who loves games and is eager to bring exceptional entertainment to millions of players. We are building a next generation multiplayer game, and you will be responsible for crafting iconic visual effects and evoking the imaginations of players all over the world.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are an extraordinary FX Artist with a portfolio that reflects your deep passion and mastery of your craft.
- Your curiosity and ingenuity are in search for opportunities to innovate your creative and technical process.
- You enjoy breaking down compelling visual effects methods and creating your own.
- You understand the high-level goals and evaluate your work through the experience of the player.
- You collaborate with gameplay designers, understand their discipline, and help them find the gameplay they are after.
- You encourage individual, and team growth and are driven to create a long-term career path for yourself and others.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Collaborate with our Art Director and Lead FX Artist to talk about your most recent work.
- Partner with Character Artists to brainstorm an effect's implementation.
- Speak with Concept Artists and Narrative to explore the fiction of your work.
- Playtest your latest work and give notes on the game as a whole.
- Work with gameplay designers to assess gameplay feedback.
- Meet with your team manager to plan career goals.
- You demonstrate strong communication skills.
- You have shipped multiple AAA titles.
- You have at least 5+ years of visual effects experience.
- You know how to adjust your technical approach to make the best use performance.
- Extensive experience with Unreal 4 is a big plus.
- Experience with Niagara is a bonus.
ABOUT PROBABLYMONSTERS INC.
Established in 2016 and announced in October 2019, ProbablyMonsters™ is a new breed of game company that builds sustainable AAA studios to launch original AAA games. The company was founded by Harold Ryan to not only create great games, but also to make a great working experience for developers, one where people, culture, and creativity come first. ProbablyMonsters mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. The company has built a central team that provides early stage infrastructure and long-term support to its studios on Operations, HR, Finance, BizDev, Tech, and QA, among other services. This unique model provides Firewalk Studios and all ProbablyMonsters studios the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Learn more about us at probablymonsters.com.