Senior Environment World Artist
Our mission is to create industry-leading multiplayer games for players around the world. We are working on an unannounced and original next-generation AAA title.
Firewalk Studios is looking for a Senior Environment Artist - World who is passionate about bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. As our Senior Environment Artist - World, you will be responsible for working with the world art team to create amazing worlds and capture the imagination and wonder of our players.
WHO YOU ARE
- Your portfolio reflects your experience, your love for creating environments, and a strong technical understanding of your tools.
- You strive for excellence in environment art and world-building, with a flair for both the aesthetic and the technical.
- You encourage and foster collaborative and transparent workflows with every member of the team in a way that inspires a confident and respectful workplace. You have a strong understanding of gameplay needs within the environments you create, and you enjoy the collaborative goal of finding the perfect balance between design and visuals.
- You have experience shipping AAA titles or equivalent game development experience.
- You are well-versed in modern tools and techniques for creating optimized and textured game-ready content, with an eye towards the cutting edge.
- You stay on top of the latest tools and workflows, you find ways to motivate and inspire innovation across your team.
- You feel at home creating collaborating with the world art team and across disciplines to ensure your environments meet the needs of the entire project.
- You find time to play video games & empathize deeply with our players because you are a gamer at heart.
- You pride yourself on your ability to lead discussions, drive decision making, and provide feedback across teams and with senior leadership.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Creating environments that support the goals of the overall Art direction and Design direction.
- Meeting with the World Art Lead and Level Designers to review your most recent work.
- Meeting with the World Art Lead, Palette Artists, Lighting Artists, and technical artists to review the team’s work.
- Joining a playtest to see how your spaces are playing and to give notes on the entire game.
- Looking for opportunities to simplify and improve overall quality in the pipeline to make the world team more efficient.
- You have a deep understanding of 3dsMax, Maya or other 3D package and the Unreal Engine.
- You have shipped multiple AAA quality games.
- You have strong knowledge and experience of next-generation environment art pipelines, tools, and workflows.
- You have at least 5 years of Environment art experience, with at least 2+ years of experience focused on layout, composition, and environmental storytelling.
- You have experience in Unreal Engine 4 and/or are excited to learn.
ABOUT PROBABLYMONSTERS INC.
ProbablyMonsters™ is a builder of sustainable game studios that creates and launches original AAA games through a people-first culture. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. In an industry where new AAA studios and developer-focused cultures are equally rare, ProbablyMonsters stands out by fostering both with excellence. We empower our family of studios to concentrate on game creation while our platform team focuses on providing early stage infrastructure and long-term support. This unique development model provides each of our teams the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Our family of studios includes: narrative-driven Cauldron Studios™, multiplayer-focused Firewalk Studios™, and our third studio, not named yet, already working on a next-gen co-op RPG game. Learn more about our people, culture, and commitment to exceptional creativity at probablymonsters.com