Senior Environment World Artist
ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
Our mission is to create industry-leading multiplayer games for players around the world. We are working on an unannounced and original next-generation AAA title.
THE ROLEFirewalk Studios is looking for a Senior Environment Artist - World who is passionate about bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. As our Senior Environment Artist - World, you will be responsible for working with the world art team to create amazing worlds and capture the imagination and wonder of our players.
WHO YOU ARE
- Your portfolio reflects your experience, your love for creating environments, and a strong technical understanding of your tools.
- You strive for excellence in environment art and world-building, with a flair for both the aesthetic and the technical.
- You encourage and foster collaborative and transparent workflows with every member of the team in a way that inspires a confident and respectful workplace. You have a strong understanding of gameplay needs within the environments you create, and you enjoy the collaborative goal of finding the perfect balance with design and visuals.
- You have experience shipping AAA titles or equivalent game development experience.
- You are well-versed in modern tools and techniques for creating optimized and textured game ready content, with an eye towards the cutting edge.
- You stay on top of the latest tools and workflows, you find ways to motivate and inspire innovation across your team.
- You feel at home creating collaborating with the world art team and across disciplines to ensure your environments meet the needs of the entire project.
- You find time to play video games & empathize deeply with our players because you are a gamer at heart.
- You pride yourself in your ability to lead discussions, drive decision making, and provide feedback across teams and with senior leadership.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Creating environments that support the goals of the overall Art direction and Design direction.
- Meeting with the World Art Lead and Level Designers to review your most recent work.
- Meeting with the World Art Lead, Palette Artists, Lighting Artists, and technical artists to review the team’s work.
- Joining a playtest to see how your spaces are playing and to give notes on the entire game.
- Looking for opportunities to simplify and improve overall quality in the pipeline to make the world team more efficient.
- You have a deep understanding of 3dsMax, Maya or other 3D package and the Unreal Engine.
- You have shipped multiple AAA quality games.
- You have strong knowledge and experience of next-generation environment art pipelines, tools, and workflows.
- You have at least 5 years of Environment art experience, with at least 2+ years of experience focused on layout, composition, and environmental storytelling.
- You have experience in Unreal Engine 4 and/or are excited to learn.
ABOUT PROBABLYMONSTERS INC.
Established in 2016 and announced in October 2019, ProbablyMonsters™ is a new breed of game company that builds sustainable AAA studios to launch original AAA games. The company was founded by Harold Ryan to not only create great games, but also to make a great working experience for developers, one where people, culture, and creativity come first. ProbablyMonsters mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. The company has built a central team that provides early stage infrastructure and long-term support to its studios on Operations, HR, Finance, BizDev, Tech, and QA, among other services. This unique model provides Firewalk Studios and all ProbablyMonsters studios the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Learn more about us at probablymonsters.com.