About ProbablyMonsters Inc.
Established in 2016 and announced in October 2019, ProbablyMonsters™ is a new breed of game company that builds sustainable AAA studios to launch original AAA games. The company was founded by Harold Ryan to not only create great games, but also to make a great working experience for developers, one where people, culture, and creativity come first. ProbablyMonsters mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. The company has built a central team that provides early stage infrastructure and long-term support to its studios on Operations, HR, Finance, BizDev, Tech, and QA, among other services. This unique model provides ProbablyMonsters studios the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Learn more about us at probablymonsters.com
We are looking for a QA Manager to work directly with a partner studio to define best QA practices and partner with them to meet project deliverables with minimal bug wake and high efficiency, leading to more iteration and better experiences for their players. The QA Manager will work across multiple disciplines to implement and effectively utilize QA resources against the unique goals of each project.
Who You Are:
- You love mentoring both new and experienced testers.
- You are passionate about Test as a discipline and career path.
- You are relentless about tracking down and documenting issues.
- You are a fierce customer advocate.
- You are confident representing QA as an equal part of a studio leadership team.
- You communicate effectively with a diverse audience.
- You enjoy the process of bringing a game project from concept to production.
What You Will Do:
- Manage one or more test teams as they provide support to partner game studios during preproduction.
- Represent QA through the preproduction process and prepare test teams for handoff as partner studios transition into production.
- Develop test strategies that meet the needs of the studios you are supporting.
- Ensure that the test teams have proper schedules, priorities, and guidance to facilitate a successful migration into production.
- Own communication regarding test with the ProbablyMonsters and the partner studios.
- Share best practices and learnings across all test teams at Probably Monsters.
- Manage the delivery process to the partner studios (deadlines, key phases, communication, reports).
- Utilize test tools such as bug databases and test case management software to track and report bug metrics to provide all stakeholders with an accurate report of the project’s quality.
- Build and manage a team of testers working on projects using a variety of game engines.
- Act as a leader on the project team, including team building, conflict resolution, stakeholder management, and decision making.
- Provide insight and guidance on the creation, maintenance, and improvement of QA tools and processes.
- Collaborate with and mentor developers on upholding best QA practices.
- Maintain a strong culture of quality and mutual respect with partner development teams.
- Treat proprietary information with professionalism and confidentiality.
- 4 years’ experience testing software and/or games.
- 2 years’ experience managing game testing released on different platforms.
- Relevant experience in leading and developing quality assurance teams.
- Knowledge of software lifecycle and understanding of test practices, principles, and methodologies.
- Experience testing at least one AAA game.
- Experience working directly with game development teams.