Lead Modes & Systems Designer
ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
Our mission is to create industry-leading multiplayer games for players around the world. We are working on an unannounced and original next-generation AAA title.
Our studio is looking for a Lead Modes & Systems Designer who is incredibly passionate about games and bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. As our Lead Modes & Systems Designer, you will be responsible for leading our game mode and systems team, with a focus on PvP features and experiences.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are extraordinarily passionate about modes & features in competitive games. You enjoy picking apart your favorite PvP games and imagining how you would make them better.
- You are an accomplished PvP feature designer. You have an impressive portfolio of shipped modes & systems.
- You take pride in your ability to mentor other designers to success. You can create insightful best practices, communicate in a way that's inspiring, and keep designers empowered and creatively aligned.
- You can reliably put other disciplines in a position to do their best work and create inspiring team dynamics, especially with our core gameplay designers.
- You are incredibly knowledgeable about PvP design tools and workflow. You can work directly with tools engineers to make sure we have truly exceptional tools.
- You find time to play video games and empathize deeply with our players, because you are a gamer at heart.
- Experience with the Unreal 4 Engine is a big plus.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Working with other designs to update our PvP mode design best practices.
- Getting your hands dirty and working directly on a new PvP mode.
- Writing a design spec for a new Progression or Social feature.
- Helping a designer debug why a feature isn't coming together by applying concise design principles.
- Playtesting the game and giving candid notes on how we can improve it.
- You have shipped at least two successful "AAA" titles from start to finish, or equivalent game development experience.
- You have strong knowledge and experience of modern PvP Design
- You have experience successfully managing PvP-focused Designers
ABOUT PROBABLYMONSTERS INC.
Established in 2016 and announced in October 2019, ProbablyMonsters™ is a new breed of game company that builds sustainable AAA studios to launch original AAA games. The company was founded by Harold Ryan to not only create great games, but also to make a great working experience for developers, one where people, culture, and creativity come first. ProbablyMonsters mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. The company has built a central team that provides early stage infrastructure and long-term support to its studios on Operations, HR, Finance, BizDev, Tech, and QA, among other services. This unique model provides Firewalk Studios and all ProbablyMonsters studios the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Learn more about us at probablymonsters.com.