Lead Concept Artist
ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
Our mission is to create industry-leading multiplayer games for players around the world. We are working on an unannounced and original next-generation AAA title.
Firewalk Studios is looking for a Lead Concept Artist who is passionate about bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. As our Lead Concept Artist, you will be responsible for leading a team of top tier concept artists to help bring a new game world to life.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have a consistently high-quality portfolio displaying a wide range of skills, from characters to environments to industrial design.
- You are a proven team leader who focuses both on your own craft as well as the growth and development of your Concept Art team.
- You set a high bar as an example to follow, both through your work and in the way you interact with other team members.
- You pride yourself in your ability to lead discussions, communicate art direction concepts, and provide feedback both within your own team and across disciplines.
- You derive visual inspiration from a variety of sources in the world, rather than exclusively looking to other sources of entertainment.
- You encourage individual development and growth for your team members, fostering a sustainable and long-term career path for them.
- You have a solid understanding of game development pipelines and the role that concept art plays within them.
- You place a high value on collaboration and open communication, in order to create an environment where everyone feels that they are working together towards a common goal.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Collaborate with Art Director and Team Leads (Animation, Game Design, Narrative, Character Art and Environment Art) to discuss artistic goals for the game.
- Provide high-level concept art to inspire and help drive the visuals of the game world forward.
- Actively participate in brainstorm sessions with other disciplines to come up with new, exciting and unique characters and play spaces.
- Organize 1:1 sessions with your team members to understand their career goals and help them along their path.
- Join regular playtests to gain a deep understanding of the direction of the game and give notes on your experience.
- You have a deep understanding of Photoshop and at least one 3D package of your choice.
- You have shipped multiple AAA quality games.
- You have lead a team previously or are able to demonstrate top-level leadership qualities.
- You have at least 7+ years of concept art experience.
ABOUT PROBABLYMONSTERS INC.
Established in 2016 and announced in October 2019, ProbablyMonsters™ is a new breed of game company that builds sustainable AAA studios to launch original AAA games. The company was founded by Harold Ryan to not only create great games, but also to make a great working experience for developers, one where people, culture, and creativity come first. ProbablyMonsters mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. The company has built a central team that provides early stage infrastructure and long-term support to its studios on Operations, HR, Finance, BizDev, Tech, and QA, among other services. This unique model provides Firewalk Studios and all ProbablyMonsters studios the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Learn more about us at probablymonsters.com.