Human Resource Business Partner Director
About ProbablyMonsters Inc.
ProbablyMonsters™ is a builder of sustainable game studios that creates and launches original AAA games through a people-first culture. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. In an industry where new AAA studios and developer-focused cultures are equally rare, ProbablyMonsters stands out by fostering both with excellence. We empower our family of studios to concentrate on game creation while our platform team focuses on providing early stage infrastructure and long-term support. This unique development model provides each of our teams the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Our family of studios includes: narrative-driven Cauldron Studios™, multiplayer-focused Firewalk Studios™, and our third studio, not named yet, already working on a next-gen co-op RPG game. Learn more about our people, culture, and commitment to exceptional creativity at probablymonsters.com
We are looking for a Human Resource Business Partner Director to join the Human Resource team.
Who You Are:
- Collaborative self-starter able to work with ambiguity and a variety of styles to drive results.
- Actively promotes a positive, respectful work environment, encourages collaboration across.
What You Will Do:
- You will partner with studio leadership planning and execution for programs that matter, tying them back to business strategy.
- You will focus on talent management, organizational design and effectiveness, workforce planning, employee development, and engagement
- Provide change leadership and management coaching, as well as design and deliver training, as needed.
- Define and reinforce role clarity and performance expectations to support accountability and to drive business results; oversee the development and management of job responsibilities to ensure role clarity.
- In partnership with the Ombud advocate for and coach employees at all levels to enhance and reinforce performance and engagement
- You will be able to balance competing priorities and conflicting opinions to facilitate the best decisions for employees and the business.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations as needed.
- Partner with business leaders to shape the talent strategy and HR framework needed to support studio growth and ProbablyMonsters business model.
- In partnership with the HR Director compile and analyze key HR metrics to identify HR trends and develop recommendations and action plans.
- Provide key business leaders with HR data insights on a regular basis to facilitate meaningful decision making.
- Reinforce the company’s vision, mission, and values through communications and consistent guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Business, Human Resources, Education, Training and Development, or related field.
- 10+ Years of experience in an HR leadership role with broad knowledge and experience in human resource management, preferably 5+ years in the HRBP role.
- Experience assessing management and executive talent (10+ years)
- Development & delivery of learning programs/solutions (5+ years)
- Prior Gaming Industry experience preferred
- Program Management experience required
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Diverse groups and helps partners build connections with each other.
- Strong knowledge in compensation and benefits including competitive total rewards practices and delivery models, and development of job profiles.
- Advanced knowledge of employment laws, policies, and business practices.