Help Desk/ Systems Administrator
About ProbablyMonsters Inc.
Established in 2016 and announced in October 2019, ProbablyMonsters™ is a new breed of game company that builds sustainable AAA studios to launch original AAA games. The company was founded by Harold Ryan to not only create great games, but also to make a great working experience for developers, one where people, culture, and creativity come first. ProbablyMonsters mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. The company has built a central team that provides early stage infrastructure and long-term support to its studios on Operations, HR, Finance, BizDev, Tech, and QA, among other services. This unique model provides ProbablyMonsters studios the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Learn more about us at probablymonsters.com
ProbablyMonsters is looking for a Help Desk / Systems Administrator to be responsible for administrative tasks and projects related to our infrastructure. The Help Desk Administrator will also respond to and resolve incoming help desk requests from both our studios and internal teams.
Who You Are:
- You are curious and personally driven to achieve excellence in technology.
- You are passionate and effective at working with others.
- You find it deeply satisfying to exceed expectations and enable others to meet, and even exceed their goals.
- You know how to prioritize requests and can juggle multiple requests concurrently with minimal direction.
- You are able to and enjoy creating streamlined processes for IT functions and are organized and thorough.
- You enjoy writing automation to eliminate as much manual work as possible.
- You find time to play video games and empathize deeply with our players because you are a gamer at heart.
What You Will Do:
- Prioritize incoming helpdesk requests and ensure we are providing outstanding service to our studio members.
- Own and manage the configuration and deployment of workstations, user accounts, and software.
- Improve automation continues to improve and streamline processes.
- Welcome new employees on their first day and get them up and running so that they can start making awesome games.
- Troubleshoot, isolate, and resolve technical issues on both workstations, laptops, and servers.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to resolve complex issues and identify systems improvements that need to be made.
- Document known issues, solutions, and workarounds to empower users to solve problems.
- You have at least three years of experience as a Help Desk or Systems Administrator.
- You have experience creating and managing workstation deployment processes.
- You have experience maintaining and updating Windows client and server operating systems.
- You are skilled at troubleshooting complex technical issues and have the ability to quickly isolate problems.
- You are comfortable with different hardware components; know-how workstations are put together and can install servers into a rack with minimal guidance.
- You have a solid understanding of networking technologies.
- You are able to lift up to fifty pounds.
Nice to Have Attributes:
- Big plus if you have experience with Linux.
- Big plus if you have supported game studios before.