ProbablyMonsters is a developer of AAA studios that unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create original content and exceptional interactive experiences. Our shared purpose is to build the next generation of AAA game development studios where people, culture, and creativity come first.
Our studio is looking for a Gameplay Designer who loves and understands the power of games and is excited to bring exceptional entertainment to millions of players. Our Gameplay Designers are responsible for demonstrating best-in-industry creation of core gameplay and driving multi-disciplinary gameplay development to realize our Game Director's creative vision.
Who You Are:
- You are literate in and deeply passionate about core gameplay and interaction design fundamentals.
- You understand and can speak to what makes a game “feel” right and advocate for prioritizing a player’s gameplay experience.
- You are excited to collaboratively design, implement and polish world-class gameplay experiences and player verbs.
- You are highly technical and feel right at home communicating your thoughts directly to engineers, writing specs, and handling complex content setup, including Blueprint-like prototyping.
- You look forward to working with other teams, including Audio, Effects, and Animation to deliver incredible gameplay content.
- You consider and design for making moment-to-moment gameplay as accessible to all players as possible.
- You are adamant about creating a positive and inclusive work environment to support and nurture diverse talent.
- You are self-sufficient and motivated, unafraid to ask for help when needed, and always excited to receive and execute on feedback.
- You understand that clear and concise communication is the lifeblood to game development and can communicate effectively both orally and written.
- You have shipped at least two successful "AAA" titles from start to finish or have equivalent game development experience.
- You find time to play video games and empathize deeply with our players because you are a gamer at heart.
- Experience with the Unreal 4 Engine is a big plus.
What You Will Do:
- Iterating on a new core mechanic or player verb that you're excited about.
- Playtesting, giving feedback, and helping other Gameplay Designers debug and analyze existing and new features.
- Reviewing a critical feature with the Gameplay Lead.
- Working with the Design Team Manager to help develop a plan for your career goals.