Director of Strategic Initiatives and Business Strategy
About ProbablyMonsters Inc.
Established in 2016 and announced in October 2019, ProbablyMonsters™ is a new breed of game company that builds sustainable AAA studios to launch original AAA games. The company was founded by Harold Ryan to not only create great games, but also to make a great working experience for developers, one where people, culture, and creativity come first. ProbablyMonsters mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. The company has built a central team that provides early stage infrastructure and long-term support to its studios on Operations, HR, Finance, BizDev, Tech, and QA, among other services. This unique model provides ProbablyMonsters studios the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Learn more about us at probablymonsters.com
We are looking for a Director of Strategic Initiatives and Business Strategy who will serve as a strategic advisor and initiative lead, executing cross-functional and studio activities supporting the CEO’s strategy and vision. In this role, you will use your superior blend of business, marketing, communications, leadership, and market research insights to identify critical opportunities for ProbablyMonsters & Studios, embody the company culture & values, and drive strategic organizational priorities.
Who You Are:
- You have a passion for storytelling, putting it at the center of everything you do; from the consumer, journey to the way the franchise is represented, you want audiences to have a visceral and emotional experience with the brand.
- You strive for innovative marketing ideas and have an entrepreneurial, learning mindset.
- You are driven to create exceptional experiences and iconic brands through collaboration and partnerships across multiple teams.
- You believe in a culture where people and creativity come first, giving teams the freedom to create experiences that inspire people worldwide.
- You routinely survey the industry to understand the current market trends and have a thirst to understand gamer segments, their behavioral patterns, and what motivates them.
- You believe good, is simply not good enough, you strive for excellence and groundbreaking in everything you do.
What You Will Do:
- Report directly to the CEO.
- Act as a strategic brand advisor to the Studio heads and executive leadership team.
- Manage all internal and external communications for ProbablyMonsters.
- Own external relationships with 1st party platforms, publishing partners, and digital storefronts.
- Identify and assess strategic opportunities & partnerships with 1st party, CPG’s, digital storefronts, and publishing partners; support them into the execution phase by aligning studio leadership.
- Lead Special Projects across multiple depts. re-enforcing the company culture, and collaborating with HR to ensure every employee and team touchpoints align to the brand guidelines.
- Manage all ProbablyMonsters’ Marketing, Research, and PR agencies.
- Serve as an alternative corporate spokesperson for ProbablyMonsters.
- Create preliminary GTM plans for all ProbablyMonsters Game Studios, and work with Studio & Publishing partners to review and provide feedback and direction on all MarCom plans.
- Conduct market analysis to identify challenges and opportunities for growth.
- 15+ years of leadership experience in product marketing, product management, Marcom, relationship marketing, lifecycle marketing, and/or business development on large-scale consumer-facing AAA entertainment franchises.
- Deep experience working with product and/or content development teams. Expertise in making business-critical decisions
- 10+ years managing Marcom and creative agencies.
- Exceptional written, presentation, and verbal communications across all organizational levels, with a passion for creating and delivering innovative communication approaches to a variety of audiences.
- Proven track record of developing effective partnerships between 1st Party, CPG, and 3rd party Publishers with an ability to influence senior leaders.
- Demonstrated experience of effectively leading global teams to execute at a high level to achieve the CEO’s goals and vision.
- Experience in training, mentoring and managing others.