ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
Our mission is to create industry-leading multiplayer games for players around the world. We are working on an unannounced and original next-generation AAA title.
Our dynamic team of game makers is looking for an Audio Engineer who loves games and is eager to bring exceptional entertainment to millions of players. We are building a next generation multiplayer game, and you will be responsible for helping architect and build the core audio systems and tools.
WHO YOU ARE
- You will help ensure a stable development environment and a high bar for code quality, including pushing the boundaries of what our code is capable of.
- You have robust experience developing audio systems like threat indicators, VO, dynamic announcers, and similar systems. Experience with fast-paced online games a plus.
- You have experience working in an online / multiplayer environment on at least one “AAA” title is a plus.
- You have strong interpersonal and development skills as you will collaborate with other engineers and disciplines.
- You believe that technical passion and common decency can and should exist harmoniously. You model that every day, using clear, direct, kind communication, both verbal and written.
- You are excited about learning new technologies and practices.
- You have a high level of proficiency in one or more of the following platforms: UE4/C++ or a proprietary game engine.
- You have experience developing for both PC and console.
- You find time to play video games & empathize deeply with our players, because you are a gamer at heart.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Craft pragmatic, reliable shipping code.
- Use social skills to communicate with development and leadership teams on tradeoffs of different code solutions, possible solutions for impossible goals, and how to limit and reduce risks.
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of content creators to make the best game possible.
- Contribute to an evolving game code architecture.
- Bring passion for helping our team do amazing things.
- Participate in daily playtests to see how the game is playing and experience how your work is affecting the product.
- You have at least 6 years’ experience working in games.
- You have at least 4 years’ experience working on audio systems.
ABOUT PROBABLYMONSTERS INC.
Established in 2016 and announced in October 2019, ProbablyMonsters™ is a new breed of game company that builds sustainable AAA studios to launch original AAA games. The company was founded by Harold Ryan to not only create great games, but also to make a great working experience for developers, one where people, culture, and creativity come first. ProbablyMonsters mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. The company has built a central team that provides early stage infrastructure and long-term support to its studios on Operations, HR, Finance, BizDev, Tech, and QA, among other services. This unique model provides Firewalk Studios and all ProbablyMonsters studios the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Learn more about us at probablymonsters.com.