ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
Our mission is to create industry-leading multiplayer games for players around the world. We are working on an unannounced and original next-generation AAA title.
Firewalk Studios is looking for an Animator who is passionate about bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. As our Animator, you will be responsible for helping to expand our animation style and breathe life into our characters’ gameplay animations.
WHO YOU ARE
- Your demo reel reflects your love for animating unique and memorable characters that resonate with players.
- You are excited to work in an iterative and collaborative team environment.
- You are motivated to create the best player experience by being a proactive and thorough communicator with the Gameplay team.
- You seek out other team members to improve character rigs, tools, and workflows.
- You find time to play video games & empathize deeply with our players, because you are a gamer at heart.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Collaborate with the Animation Team, Technical Director in Animation, and Gameplay Artists to discuss a character’s goals.
- Partner with Character Artists, Character Tech Artists and FX Artists to problem solve new features for a Character.
- Join a playtest to see how characters are playing and to give notes on the entire game.
- Participate in multi-discipline character reviews to refine and iterate on a characters’ appeal, responsiveness, and fun factor.
- You have a demonstratable understanding of weight, timing and posing in hand-keyed animation.
- You have experience working with motion capture data.
- You have shipped at least 1 AAA quality game.
- You have at least 3+ years of character animation experience.
ABOUT PROBABLYMONSTERS INC.
Established in 2016 and announced in October 2019, ProbablyMonsters™ is a new breed of game company that builds sustainable AAA studios to launch original AAA games. The company was founded by Harold Ryan to not only create great games, but also to make a great working experience for developers, one where people, culture, and creativity come first. ProbablyMonsters mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. The company has built a central team that provides early stage infrastructure and long-term support to its studios on Operations, HR, Finance, BizDev, Tech, and QA, among other services. This unique model provides Firewalk Studios and all ProbablyMonsters studios the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Learn more about us at probablymonsters.com